If you live in the rainy city of Redmond, how much does it cost to undertake a renovation of your gutters?
Like Seattle and Bellevue, Redmond is on the West Coast – or some might say, the “wet coast” of the United States. This means that it’s in the coastal temperate rainforest, which receives abundant rainfall every year.
For your gutters, this can be a challenge, as many leaves, needles, and much rain falls onto your roof and flows down into your gutters. Damaged, clogged gutters can lead to siding, landscaping, and foundation damage. What will it cost to replace your gutters if you live in Redmond?
How Much Do Gutters Cost in Redmond, Washington?
Redmond’s gutter prices are similar to those in neighboring Seattle and Bellevue. If you live in Redmond, gutter prices range between $4.15 to $28.50 per linear foot.
What influences the cost of your gutter project?
|Type of Gutter||Cost per Foot|
|Aluminum||$4.15 – $7.01|
|Vinyl||$4.40 – $5.32|
|Stainless Steel||$7.38 – $8.08|
|Copper||$26.40 – $28.50|
Factors That Affect Cost
Many factors can influence the cost of your gutters. Material costs are one large factor. Expensive materials such as copper are often used more frequently in historic or higher-end projects, while materials such as aluminum or vinyl, are much more affordable.
However, there are many other variables that change the cost of your gutter project. These include:
- The size of the gutters. While 6-inch gutters might be ideal for higher rainfall areas, they are more expensive than 5-inch gutters.
- Custom sizes or work. Any customizations will add a cost to your gutter project.
- The number of levels on your home. More levels make new gutter installation more complex.
- The number of corners. If there are additional corners, contractors need to make more cuts and connect more pieces.
- Labor costs influence the overall cost of a project. The more expensive it is to do business in an area, the more expensive your project will be.
- Additional costs for the project. For instance, if you need the company to remove all of the old gutters, this will come at a cost. However, some companies may include this cost in your overall estimate, so confirm this before you commit to a contractor.
Gutters don’t work on their own. During your gutter project, other items such as splash blocks will also need to be replaced. They will have an extra cost.
|Type of Material||Cost|
|Extra downspouts||$160 each|
|Roof flashing||$100 to $400 to replace|
|Hangers||$2 to $20 depending on style|
Consider adding gutter covers during your project to reduce the accumulation of leaves in your gutters.
Questions to Ask Your Contractor
You don’t need to replace your gutters that often, and this means that you might not know what to ask your contractor when you’re considering a gutter replacement. A gutter replacement project is like other home renovations in that it involves doing your due diligence. Here are some questions to ask your prospective contractor:
- Are estimates free?
- Can you give me a few references?
- Tell me about your experience in the field.
- Is your company and are your employees licensed and bonded?
- Do you have a warranty on parts? How about installation? How long does it last?
- What is included in the estimate?
With these questions, you’ll be able to pinpoint which companies have what you need to experience exceptional customer service.
At Lednor Home Solutions, we want to bring our decades of experience to your gutter project. Connect with us today to learn more about how we can help.